Joseph A. Cervantez is a Graduate of Southern Illinois University School of Law. Joseph had the privilege of beginning his career as an Assistant State’s Attorney with the Williamson County State’s Attorney’s Office where he gained valuable court room experience prosecuting offenses ranging from traffic violations to class X felonies. He continued his work with the Saline County State’s Attorney’s Office as an Assistant State’s Attorney handling the busy Juvenile Docket.
Since Joseph went into private practice he’s handled a variety of cases throughout the 1st and 2nd judicial Circuit of Illinois. Joseph handles a variety of cases including Divorce, Custody, and Personal Injury but focuses on DUI, Aggravated DUI and Criminal Defense.
Joseph was born and raised in the Chicago land Area. After high school Joseph enlisted in the United States Marine Corps and served as a Marine Infantry Leader, deploying in 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008 to Iraq. He then worked as a NATO Weapons Advisor and Trainer, traveling and working throughout Afghanistan. Joseph eventually graduated law school and began his law career here in Marion Illinois.
Joseph Prides himself on being detailed, strategic and aggressive in his representation.
- Juris Doctor, Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois
- B.A. Criminal Justice, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
- Bar Admission:
- The State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Jackson County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association Committee for Professional Conduct